Monday, July 27, 2009

Recession - On The Way Out?

Lately I have been hearing a lot about the fact that we are coming out of the recession. What exactly does that mean, let's investigate:

So, what does this all mean? It means that even if we are really on the way out of this 'recession' then we still have a long hard uphill battle on our hands. I for one can not figure out how we can 'spend our way out'. This was tried in the early 1930's and it actually CAUSED a depression within the depression. Without some drastic cost cutting and some major revamping of how the entire government (Local, State and Federal) operates, I don't see how this isn't more than the calm before the storm.

On the positive side, I do think that there are lot of opportunities for those that are willing to seek after them. I am a firm believer that Americans are some of the most ingenious, creative and resourceful people on this planet. I do think that we have become very comfortable as of late and it is high time that we all take a long hard look at our own households and local areas. I think the best way for us all to get through this and prosper is to join together and help each other not by handouts but by proving each other a hand-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment